Aussie Open
Hi Again,
Well, we just got home from the Open and had a great day. The weather was sunny and the tennis was amazing. We saw four matches and had great seats. We arrived about 1/2 hour before the gates opened and we were able to score seats close to the court. We saw a 3rd round men's doubles match with the Mike and Bob Bryan from the USA. We saw Linsday Davenport and her partner play in a 3rd round women's doubles match. Then we saw the number 4 seed in the world, Maria Sharapova play in a 4th round singles match. Lastly, the fourth seed men's player, Marat Safin. The Men's Doubles was the funnest to watch. Lots of action and the American boys were very funny on the court.
The kids both had fun as well. They both wanted to come back tommorow and Rachel wants to start playing tennis. The tennis grounds were very nice. They have centre court and four other large arenas. Then, there were 22 other courts, where Junior and qualifying matches are played and some of the players practice. Of course there were lots of tennis related merchandising booths everywhere.
The tennis was incredible, though. They hit the ball so hard and the crowd really gets into it. Some of the fans carried their country's flags and had signs. It was exactly like what you see on tv. I feel for the line judges,though. I think they have the worst job. I have no idea how they can tell if a ball going 200 km/h is in or out. Of course Rachel and Ben want to be Ball Runners. I guess we'll have to look into that for next year. I don't think they are old enough, though.
It was great fun! Anyways, the pictures are posted so enjoy!
Jen :)
Well, we just got home from the Open and had a great day. The weather was sunny and the tennis was amazing. We saw four matches and had great seats. We arrived about 1/2 hour before the gates opened and we were able to score seats close to the court. We saw a 3rd round men's doubles match with the Mike and Bob Bryan from the USA. We saw Linsday Davenport and her partner play in a 3rd round women's doubles match. Then we saw the number 4 seed in the world, Maria Sharapova play in a 4th round singles match. Lastly, the fourth seed men's player, Marat Safin. The Men's Doubles was the funnest to watch. Lots of action and the American boys were very funny on the court.
The kids both had fun as well. They both wanted to come back tommorow and Rachel wants to start playing tennis. The tennis grounds were very nice. They have centre court and four other large arenas. Then, there were 22 other courts, where Junior and qualifying matches are played and some of the players practice. Of course there were lots of tennis related merchandising booths everywhere.
The tennis was incredible, though. They hit the ball so hard and the crowd really gets into it. Some of the fans carried their country's flags and had signs. It was exactly like what you see on tv. I feel for the line judges,though. I think they have the worst job. I have no idea how they can tell if a ball going 200 km/h is in or out. Of course Rachel and Ben want to be Ball Runners. I guess we'll have to look into that for next year. I don't think they are old enough, though.
It was great fun! Anyways, the pictures are posted so enjoy!
Jen :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home